Use Stages Studio PRO to design interval-based workouts using the seven zones of power. Stages Cloud is optimized for mobile devices; build a power plan from your phone or tablet, at any time, from anywhere. To build a beats plan see the related article: How to build a beats plan using Stages Studio Pro.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Power plan overview
- Build a power plan
- Save a power plan and edit an existing power plan
Power plan overview
In this power plan overview, learn about the plans dashboard: the icons, intensity slider, timeline, everything needed to start building a power plan.
- Log in to StagesCloud.com using your credentials.
- Scroll down the left-hand side menu and click on PLANS under INSTRUCTOR.
- Click on CREATE in the upper right corner.
- Select POWER PLAN.
- To import or build a playlist to use as a time reference guide, click on ADD PLAYLIST. See the related article: How to build a beats plan using Stages Studio Pro.
- Click the PLUS icon in the bottom right corner to add your intervals.
- Across the top of the dashboard are options to help you build your power plan intervals: DELETE(the trash can icon), COPY(the double-page icon), NO ZONE, ADD SCRIPT, and ADD TEST.
- Select a color zone, drag the slider, or click on the number and type in a percentage to apply it to the interval.
- On the timeline, each DOT represents a 1-minute increment. Pick an increment on the timeline or click on the TIME to customize the length of the interval. In the pop-up window, scroll through the numbers to change the time. Click on SAVE.
Build a power plan
Build a power plan by adding intervals, changing the color zone, and adjusting the time. Along the bottom, the intervals and timeline are shown as you build the plan
- Add an FTP test to individualize the class for each rider. Riders not booked into class will have gray gauges until they complete the FTP test.
- To help speed up your plan building, highlight one or more intervals, then click on the COPY icon.
Add a script (instructor notes) to a plan
A script will only show on the remote control to prompt you during class. It will not show on the studio screen.
- To add a script to an interval, select the interval and click on ADD SCRIPT.
- Type in the title and note, then click SAVE.
- The SCRIPT icon above an interval shows it contains a script. The script text is shown on the right side of the screen.
Delete or move an interval in the power plan
- To delete an interval, highlight the interval or group of intervals, then click on the TRASH CAN icon.
- To move an interval, highlight it, and drag it to the new location.
Use No Zone in a power plan
If you have off-bike activity during your class, set up a NO ZONE in the power plan.
- Add an interval, click on NO ZONE, then set the time for the interval. Rider gauges will not appear on the studio screen during this time, but the timer will continue to run.
Save a power plan and edit an existing power plan
- To save the class plan, click on REVIEW.
- Type in the name for the plan, review the plan to be sure it is correct, then click on SAVE.
- To edit an existing plan, click anywhere on the plan to open it.
- Click on the PENCIL icon to edit the class plan.
- When the changes are complete, click on REVIEW.
- Click on SAVE to save the changes.
The new plan is created. It is now accessible in your practice room or classroom.
See related article: Add an FTP test to a class plan.